Optimization Learning Plan
This is a subset of the Optical System Design learning plan created specifically for a deep dive into optimization. Starting with the example of a simple singlet, this Learning Plan explains how to perform an optimization in OpticStudio. Assumes a background in optics and in the use of OpticStudio.
This subset of the Optical System Learning Plan learning plan consists of 2 courses [+2 additional courses for the getting started course and the final exam], covering 1 day worth of material.
The purchase of this learning plan gives you access to the online training platform for 10 calendar days.
The trainee is assumed to have a background with Zemax OpticStudio in system set up and analyses, and if not, we recommend the Optical System Learning Plan.
- Configure a system with variables and define an appropriate merit function
- Recognize when to use a solve instead of a variable
- Articulate the differences between different optimization algorithms
- Select the best algorithm for each stage in the design process
- List the factors affecting optimization outcomes
- Recognize when a system’s performance has reached its limit and add “degrees of freedom” to continue to improve performance
Courses included in this learning plan: